Can chickens give humans mites?

I don't know if anyone is still watching this thread but I promised an update and I like to keep my promises! The derm called this morning and said the biopsy results were not conclusive. It could be hives, an allergic reaction to something, or bug bites. I have looked all over my house and I know I don't have bed bugs or anything else gross. Besides, my husband and son are fine. So, she is going to put me on a smaller prednisone dose to see if the hives come back. If not, good. But if they do, then an allergist is the next step. I'm also thinking of taking a food sensitivity test, like Everlywell or something. Does anyone have experience with those, the kind you order online then send back in? That would just be for me to do on my own, doc didn't say anything about taking one. I do go in later today to get the stitches from the biopsy out, maybe I will talk to her about that.

I don't know if anyone is still watching this thread but I promised an update and I like to keep my promises! The derm called this morning and said the biopsy results were not conclusive. It could be hives, an allergic reaction to something, or bug bites. I have looked all over my house and I know I don't have bed bugs or anything else gross. Besides, my husband and son are fine. So, she is going to put me on a smaller prednisone dose to see if the hives come back. If not, good. But if they do, then an allergist is the next step. I'm also thinking of taking a food sensitivity test, like Everlywell or something. Does anyone have experience with those, the kind you order online then send back in? That would just be for me to do on my own, doc didn't say anything about taking one. I do go in later today to get the stitches from the biopsy out, maybe I will talk to her about that.
Thanks so much for taking the time to give us an update. I am disappointed that the biopsy didn't give the answers you wanted. I know you are disappointed too! I was thinking of you last night and decided to check on your progress. I'm in your corner and know that someway, somehow the cause will be discovered. Until then, hang in there! :hugs

Coming in to say you definitely need to have your a1c checked.
I’m a type 2 diabetic and had the same thing happen to me 2 years ago.
The doctor increased my medication because my sugars were getting too high, and I had a reaction identical to yours. They changed the meds and I was fine...but it took a long time to find out....a good 6 months of itchy hell.

Thanks all. I did the Everlywell food sensitivity test today. Will mail it out on Monday. I appreciate everyone recommending different blood tests and things for me to do. I might see if I can get a CBC done if the hives come back. But I can't afford all these individual tests! I wish there was one magic test that you could take that would tell me everything I want to know!

From what I have read, expect the Everlywell test to come back showing you are sensitive to many of the foods you regularly eat because the test is looking at the IGG antibody whereas a test at a rheumatologist office looks at the IGE antibody. What you really need is the IGE test, IMO. Hope you find answers soon!!!

Back
Top Bottom