can chickens have oats with Stearic acid added?

YES, in moderation. VERY highly unlikely quantities added to the mix are in any way significant - and like less potentially dangerous than your oat/flax seed mix, itself.

(Oats are not a complete protein source, are low in total protein, and high in beta-glacans, which can contribute to "sticky" poops and reduce bioavailability of numerous dietary components. Flax seed is high protein (for a plant) and relatively good amino acid profile, but high relative fat. The two together do not a nutritionally complete feed make).

Last edited:
YES, in moderation. VERY highly unlikely quantities added to the mix are in any way significant - and like less potentially dangerous than your oat/flax seed mix, itself.

(Oats are not a complete protein source, are low in total protein, and high in beta-glacans, which can contribute to "sticky" poops and reduce bioavailability of numerous dietary components. Flax seed is high protein (for a plant) and relatively good amino acid profile, but high relative fat. The two together do not a nutritionally complete feed make).
Thanks. I know it was just for a treat mix. They have complete layer pellets.

Thanks. I know it was just for a treat mix. They have complete layer pellets.
Awesome - can never be certain. Lots of posters whose names I don't recognize, and the Pandemic, plus the influence of certain Youtube personalities - all kinds of strange things being fed to birds nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom