Can chickens have strokes?

who cares. It was 7 years ago. Any particular reason to point out a post made nearly a decade ago could have been something other than it was...?
Many people don't come to BYC because they like chickens, they come because they have an emergency and they stay because of the community.

Reviving dead threads can be annoying, yes, but if there's closure to be found, it could also help someone else in the future.

who cares. It was 7 years ago. Any particular reason to point out a post made nearly a decade ago could have been something other than it was...?
This thread was the first result that came up in my search. After reading it, I thought it may be helpful to add that it could be wry neck, in the event someone else also had this pop up searching similar terms I did. That way they can treat the wry neck, and aren’t thinking their chicken has had a stroke. Sorry it upset you.

Is there a reason for this? Sorry, but threads that are not locked are open for replies, even if it was originally started 9 years ago. Some threads have been revived and commented on countless times - often with more current information, a different view point, old threads as mentioned sometimes can be a pain, but they are also a wealth of information. History.

As for @MedfordChick suggesting/adding Wry Neck as a plausible cause of the OP's description - it's plausible. Back in 2012 when the thread was started, BYC was still pretty "new" and the "trend" of people having chickens was just really starting to gain a little steam. Fast Forward those 9 years and LOTS of learning has taken place, LOTS more to come, but now we do have a few "names" of conditions that we can offer someone so they can further their research.

To say "who cares"? Why even bother to take up the time to post, only to be rude?

This thread was the first result that came up in my search. After reading it, I thought it may be helpful to add that it could be wry neck, in the event someone else also had this pop up searching similar terms I did. That way they can treat the wry neck, and aren’t thinking their chicken has had a stroke. Sorry it upset you.

Is there a reason for this? Sorry, but threads that are not locked are open for replies, even if it was originally started 9 years ago. Some threads have been revived and commented on countless times - often with more current information, a different view point, old threads as mentioned sometimes can be a pain, but they are also a wealth of information. History.

As for @MedfordChick suggesting/adding Wry Neck as a plausible cause of the OP's description - it's plausible. Back in 2012 when the thread was started, BYC was still pretty "new" and the "trend" of people having chickens was just really starting to gain a little steam. Fast Forward those 9 years and LOTS of learning has taken place, LOTS more to come, but now we do have a few "names" of conditions that we can offer someone so they can further their research.

To say "who cares"? Why even bother to take up the time to post, only to be rude?
Some people are just rude like that. I was accused of hijacking an old thread once. There's a difference between reviving an old thread, & hijacking a thread.

I'm currently trying to figure out what is going on with a 3 week old silkie chick of mine.

Back
Top Bottom