Can chickens hold eggs in if they're stressed??

Nylah

Hatching
Jun 11, 2023
My two hens stopped laying eggs for a few weeks and today I found 9 eggs. It was two roosters and two hens in one coup yesterday we moved the younger rooster into a different coup and today the two hens went crazy laying eggs there were no eggs yesterday when we moved him and from everything I researched it shouldn't be physically possible for them to have that many eggs in one day sometimes they'll have 2 in a day when they're doing good but apparently thats even a lot. Are they going to be okay?

Are you sure the roosters are really roosters? Dumb question I know, but that's impossible for them to lay that many in a day. Could they have hidden them somewhere?
They're definitely roosters we've had one for 9 years and the other one about 4. 1 egg could have possibly been missed from the other day because it was in the smaller coup but that's still 8 eggs that were in the main coup in a raised area that they couldn't have rolled anything in or out of between 2 chickens who haven't laid anything in weeks. It shouldn't be possible I'm pretty concerned but other than the excessive production they're acting fine a few of the eggs have thin shells and what almost looks like wet spots but there not wet just thin. I don't think they're sick I'm just going to watch them more closely for the next few days because this can't be good for them.

They're definitely roosters we've had one for 9 years and the other one about 4. 1 egg could have possibly been missed from the other day because it was in the smaller coup but that's still 8 eggs that were in the main coup in a raised area that they couldn't have rolled anything in or out of between 2 chickens who haven't laid anything in weeks. It shouldn't be possible I'm pretty concerned but other than the excessive production they're acting fine a few of the eggs have thin shells and what almost looks like wet spots but there not wet just thin. I don't think they're sick I'm just going to watch them more closely for the next few days because this can't be good for them.
Maybe they had the eggs somewhere else and moved them. I have 2 nesting boxes that I keep marked fake eggs in. One broody hen kept moving all the eggs- including the fake egg into her favorite nesting box every day.

Back
Top Bottom