Can chicks be reared alone? Help! 13 days left to find out!!!!

eggsrcool

Sussex Fanatic
10 Years
May 18, 2009
England, United Kingdom
I am using an R-COM mini incubator and only one out of 3 eggs is fertile ( a waste of £2 i guess just buying eggs lol) and by the looks of it, it will be reared on its own. I have been told to replace the infertiles because the chick will get lonely. The chick is due in 2 weeks (20th) and my incubator is automatic which means it will stop turning the eggs. I do have 2 broodys, but they will break soon, 8 weeks sitting on nothing and all my effort to stop them from being broody. My supplier does not sell day-old-chicks but only POL pullets, fertile eggs and roosters. Any ideas and thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
No they don't do very well growing up alone. Believe I'd try to find someone in the area who has chickens and try to work something out.

Give it a little time, others will respond.
Chickens are by nature a flock bird, and certainly do much better if in a flock situation, even if it's only 2 birds. I would continue to try and get another chick or two. Do you have a Craig's list where you live? Any farmers you could contact? Or maybe even someone off of this list that lives within driving distance from you will have some chicks.

Quote:

3. No Flaming (verbally attacking people or groups of people - e.g. a profession, an organization, a company.)
4. No Trolling (posting to provoke others, luring them to flame or rant). Trolling is sometimes done involuntarily, so please be considerate when posting.
5. No teasing, mocking, ridiculing, or otherwise making fun at other member's expense.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom