Can chicks eat parsley?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by chickmamawannabe, Jan 22, 2009.

1. chickmamawannabe

chickmamawannabe Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Canby, Or-y-gun
    I have some 4 1/2 week old chicks that I would like to give some leftover parsley to, but I'm not sure if it's OK for them. I did a search, but couldn't find any difinitive yes or no answers.

2. big greg barker

big greg barker Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2008
    central maine
    I don't see why not, and it will cure that nasty cracked corn breath they have!!! [​IMG]

3. chickmamawannabe

chickmamawannabe Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Canby, Or-y-gun
    Well, I guess since no one's said "Oh, Dear God, no... don't feed them parsley!", then I guess it's OK. [​IMG]

4. allisojo

allisojo Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2008
    Nuevo Mexico
    I feed them pretty much any green I've got leftover (and some fresh from the produce aisle), with the exception of some big no-no's like tomato greens and "green" potato peels. They eat what they want and don't eat some stuff. So I trust their judgment. That can get you in trouble sometimes, though, I hear.

5. LauraSBale

LauraSBale Chillin' With My Peeps

I just gave mine parsley and they loved, it, plus it does have some vit's in it don't remember what though.

i just cut up in to smaller pieces for them so they don't have a hard time eating it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by