Can Corid & Safeguard AQUASOL both be mixed in water at same time?

Can I be annoying and ask how one might measure treating 8 week old chicks with Equimax as well?
I have 20 birds 8 weeks old, and they live in a separate coop/run alongside my bigger birds’ coop/run.
I did not treat them with Equimax like my larger flock because all their poop has been normal and their living space not shared (I did treat with Endocox in water in case).
Today I noticed something that looked like possible tapeworm shape in several pieces of stool while cleaning. Nothing moving around, but the longer tape worm like shapes covered in sand. My coops and runs are all sand.
Assuming I should treat them to be safe, but not sure how to go about treating a bird that might weigh 1.5lbs with something at 0.03 per lb and 1ml syringes. I mean…I can generally fill between the tiny lines well enough, but do you think I have to worry about overdosing??
Help please! And thank you!!

One more thing…have you heard of Wormer Deluxe Powder from Jedd’s bird products? Might be easier to treat 20 young birds with this in water than using the paste and weighing….but have not found reviews about it being effective.
You have a bit of wiggle room on the dosing, so if you feel you need to treat them, then go ahead.

I have not seen that Wormer Deluxe or missed it on Jedds, so! Let's see what @dawg53 thinks.

Where did you find the Safeguard aquasol? I cannot find it anywhere online!
I originally found it on EBay (someone who sells it in smaller portions). Otherwise it was over $200 I think (can’t totally remember). I ended up using Equimax paste from Tractor Supply ($16.99) and dosed in little syringes I got in a big pack on Amazon and that ended up being easier than I thought. And a whole lot cheaper.

I need to treat my flock for both coccidiosis and tapeworm. My vet was able to do fecal testing but would not recommend treatment as they don’t treat poultry.
I paid to have a poultry vet recommend treatment on JustAnswer.com. I was told to use Corid and Fenbendazole and that they could be used together. She gave me dosage info to orally give to each bird, but I am not comfortable with that. I’m pretty sure I caused the death of one of my first hens getting liquid down the wrong hole😭
I found the Safeguard Aquasol that can be mixed in water (unlike the Safeguard goat dewormer they have at Tractor supply).
Does anyone know if it’s safe for both of these to be mixed in water at same time?? Or anyone have any luck feeding a bird their dosage of Fenbendazole in a small amount of food? Thanks in advance for your help!
Did you use safegaurd and corid together? Currently in a situation similar, wasn't quite sure if I could do that or not.

Back
Top Bottom