Can Cornish X have white legs?

chicken-owner-31

Songster
12 Years
Nov 7, 2007
NV
Howdy there!

I have 9 Cornish X, all of them came from the same place....a local commercial broiler farm that donated them for a school event and the kids got to bring them home. No telling where they got them from, probably a hatchery.

They look like typical meat birds, but one is quite a bit smaller and has white legs. I noticed the difference kinda early on, but figured she'd grow into the yellow legs. But they haven't changed color. The group was hatched in September sometime, can't quite remember when.

Was just wondering if maybe the white legged pullet is something other than a Cornish X. If she is, then she might not get put in the pot.
smile.png

Ok, I get that this is probably a very silly newbie question.....because they are crosses. But I am actually genuinely curious. Anyone have a guess?
smile.png

That's interesting that your small ones have white legs! I can get some pics this afternoon. I am thinking she is a pullet as well.

BRF - How will I know if she isn't a CX? I am complete newbie, but trying to learn as much as possible. I haven't had any die on me yet, so I figure I'm doing something right! Haha! Probably 7 of them are going to the auction soon, but I wanted to keep Snowball and another suspected pullet my son named Robot. Either the auction or the butcher. Haven't decided yet, but I know that I am not going to process them myself. Too much work!

Back
Top Bottom