Can different species live together?

invertaman

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jul 24, 2008
Indiana
Hello, I am building a pen for my chickens alittle over 1/4 of an acre and I was wondering if I could keep my guineas and peacock with them?

Last edited:
I keep Guinea, Geese, Ducks and Chickens together. And I know people who keep geese, peacocks, chickens together. I think as long as they have room to get away from each other if they want, you should be ok.

I do it, too, (guineas & chickens) but as far as the title of your thread goes, yes, I've heard that guineas and chickens really can and do 'mix species' with one another and the person who reported it (here on BYC) said it ain't a pretty sight. You might just mean can they live together, and, aside from that possibility, it's a yes for at least the two I know something about.

I have heard that peacocks need at less 10 sq. ft. in the coup. My coup has only 8 square ft. that would be free to the peacock. is there a smaller size peacock like a "pea-bantam" :|
smile.png
big_smile.png
lol.png

smile.png
I'm glad I could help! A pig and a goat? That may be taking it a little to far. My chickens would completely object. they would not have it!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom