can ducks climb up into a chicken style coop?

How close will you be putting your side slats on the ramp? I have to add a ramp to my duck den. They have not moved in yet...
I actually just went out and tested it! The ducklings got up the ramp just fine. Just to help anyone else with duck ramps, mine is 3 foot at 25 degrees. I sprayed it with rubber and placed shelf liner across it for traction. Then I tacked down horizontal slits every 5 inches. The ducklings run up it with no problems. The more angle you have the more slits you'll need to add. Also, start your ducks out young so they are accustomed to the ramp.

Awesome! When you say young, what do you mean? My rouens are about to hit 4 weeks...
My Pekins are also 4 weeks. I am starting to "train" them now so I won't encounter any problems when they are fully grown. They are doing fine with it so I see no reason why your rouéns could not start now also.

Last edited:
I actually just went out and tested it! The ducklings got up the ramp just fine. Just to help anyone else with duck ramps, mine is 3 foot at 25 degrees. I sprayed it with rubber and placed shelf liner across it for traction. Then I tacked down horizontal slits every 5 inches. The ducklings run up it with no problems. The more angle you have the more slits you'll need to add. Also, start your ducks out young so they are accustomed to the ramp.
. Is your ramp 3 feet long or 3 feet wide?

Back
Top Bottom