Can ducks drink tea?

Tea is for humans. As stated above caffeine is bad for birds. Decaf is usually accomplished with chemicals and residual caffeine can exist.

Best to stick with warm water if you want to give them a warm beverage.
I think by non caffeinated they might have meant herbal rather than decaf ? But I still wouldn’t recommend it cause it’s hard to know exactly what herbs are safe or what other ingredients are in there that they might not list.

I wouldn't give peppermint. In humans it can relax the lower esophageal sphincter and cause heartburn. Camomile is supposed to promote relaxation. Birds, in general, are more sensitive to these sorts of things.

If you want to give them a special winter treat I would give them slightly warm mealworm water. Or veggies like chopped tomatoes and lettuce in slightly warm water. Or their regular food in slightly warm water. Perhaps slightly warmer than room temperature.

Personally I would be very careful NOT to give hot or too warm water. One time I saw a caregiver let their parrot drink soup and the parrot got a crop burn that was about 3 inches long. It burned right from the inside to the outside of his crop. He got stitched up, under anesthesia, and lived, but barely. I don't know if that can happen to adult ducks or not - but seeing it happen to a young parrot is enough to make me say something.

Last edited:
I was thinking this tea.. but this morning I made them tomato carrot mash so they had a healthy warm treat. I decided to be safe than sorry. :)
image.jpg
but I was thinking more natural tea and not caffeinated. But the warm mash will do this morning!

I was thinking this tea.. but this morning I made them tomato carrot mash so they had a healthy warm treat. I decided to be safe than sorry. :)View attachment 2466242but I was thinking more natural tea and not caffeinated. But the warm mash will do this morning!
Good call on better to be safe than sorry, in my opinion!

Also, does anyone know why my girl ducks eyes turn red in the winter??(they usually don’t turn back their beautiful brown but just stay red forever) This always happened with my chicken hens and now my girl ducks eyes are turning red too! But the drakes eyes are staying their same brown and blue.

Also, does anyone know why my girl ducks eyes turn red in the winter??(they usually don’t turn back their beautiful brown but just stay red forever) This always happened with my chicken hens and now my girl ducks eyes are turning red too! But the drakes eyes are staying their same brown and blue.
do they have a dunking bucket

Back
Top Bottom