Can ducks eat zucchini?

Over planting sounds like the right way to go, for sure! I started mine indoors for the first time this year and the rows are so nice and tidy-looking that I’m hesitant to turn ‘em loose, even though we have a bit more than we will likely eat. Maybe I try out just ten minutes or so of supervised pillaging...
I love those tidy rows! And pillaging is definitely the right word if the ducks get out there too early. Lol.

Hmmmm they may have to be barricaded out of the garden. I didn't think about them pillaging my lettuce!!! :D Though duck pillaging sounds really rather adorable.

Everyone gets in on the zucchini eating in our run! The chickens love to peck it outta the water :rolleyes::gigI usually just slice and dice it for em

Attachments

• 20210511_133715.jpg
    20210511_133715.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 10
Hmmmm they may have to be barricaded out of the garden. I didn't think about them pillaging my lettuce!!! :D Though duck pillaging sounds really rather adorable.
Today I handpicked about two dozen slugs off the lettuce in a couple of minutes. If you'd told me before I got ducks that I'd be combing through heads of lettuce for slugs and holding them in my bare hands I would have said "no way" but seeing how happily the girls devour them definitely makes it worth it. :D (Though I do still want to find a system to have them do the picking...)

Today I handpicked about two dozen slugs off the lettuce in a couple of minutes. If you'd told me before I got ducks that I'd be combing through heads of lettuce for slugs and holding them in my bare hands I would have said "no way" but seeing how happily the girls devour them definitely makes it worth it. :D (Though I do still want to find a system to have them do the picking...)
I pick slugs up, too, with my bare hands. I never thought I would have. And then the sweethearts shake their heads and the slug goo goes flinging into my face! I just wipe it off and move on. I love those ducks.

I pick slugs up, too, with my bare hands. I never thought I would have. And then the sweethearts shake their heads and the slug goo goes flinging into my face! I just wipe it off and move on. I love those ducks.
I've been handpicking cicadas with bare hands... my husband was SHOCKED. Anything for the quacks lol.

Back
Top Bottom