Can ducks have "Down Syndrome"?

Nature Made is the brand with a 156% of niacin.
That's 156% of the recommended daily dose for an adult. I believe its 25mg if that's the brand. You would give 10mg for each duck. So, if you're just feeding the one, it would just need a 1/2 tablet crushed. I would make sure it's on or in something it eats. If your feeding the whole flock, it would be harder to gauge how much each is getting. So, you might want to make sure the one who needs it the most is getting a special treat or separated to eat alone. I would continue to treat until you see much improvement and then continue to treat for a week or 2 after that. It's not going to hurt to get extra niacin as they will expel from their body whatever isn't used.

That's 156% of the recommended daily dose for an adult. I believe its 25mg if that's the brand. You would give 10mg for each duck. So, if you're just feeding the one, it would just need a 1/2 tablet crushed. I would make sure it's on or in something it eats. If your feeding the whole flock, it would be harder to gauge how much each is getting. So, you might want to make sur ether one who needs it the most is getting a special treat or separated to eat alone. I would continue to treat until you see much improvement and then continue to treat for a week or 2 after that. It's not going to hurt to get extra niacin as they will expel it from their body whatever isn't used.
Oops! Yeah, it is 25 mg. I'm only feeding that one duck, so got it! Half a pill. Will she get independent after about a few weeks of supplementation?

Oops! Yeah, it is 25 mg. I'm only feeding that one duck, so got it! Half a pill. Will she get independent after about a few weeks of supplementation?
You just never know how long it will take to rectify issues like this. If it were me, I'd also see that it's getting some extra vitamin e as well.
Here's a good source for foods that contain vitamin e and although it's for chickens, ducks can have the same.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/wry-neck-causes-treatment-and-prevention.67732/

You just never know how long it will take to rectify issues like this. If it were me, I'd also see that it's getting some extra vitamin e as well.
Here's a good source for foods that contain vitamin e and although it's for chickens, ducks can have the same.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/wry-neck-causes-treatment-and-prevention.67732/
That sounds EXACTLY like how she acts!!!! Thank you so much!!! I'll definitely add Vitamin E and Super B Complex. Almost exactly, except she kinda shivers all the time, but not from the cold. Think the shivering is from Wry Neck too?

That sounds EXACTLY like how she acts!!!! Thank you so much!!! I'll definitely add Vitamin E and Super B Complex. Almost exactly, except she kinda shivers all the time, but not from the cold. Think the shivering is from Wry Neck too?
It could be since she's most likely unbalanced the shivering is a way to balance herself.

Back
Top Bottom