Can Easter Eggers have Wyandotte in them?

True I guess but Barnevelders are also way more expensive than other breeds plus OP didn’t even order any so I find it highly unlikely they would include one in their order. That also happens to have the wrong type comb. And the wrong lacing. Much more likely to be an EE that happens to look like one. They can look like anything.
I know of somebody who got Golden-Laced Wyandottes from Tractor Supply and one turned out to be a Barnevelder, which is a bit surprisingly due to their rarity. I suppose we will have to wait and see which color of egg she lays before assuming anything further.

Easter Eggers are a mix between Araucanas (blue egg breed) and a brown egg laying breed.
Easter Eggers are any chicken that lays blue or green eggs, that does not belong to any specific pure breed. They do not need to be from any specific mix.

In the USA at the present time, many of the Easter Eggers sold by hatcheries are from breeding Easter Eggers to other Easter Eggers, repeated over a number of generations, with no recent crossing of other breeds.

Some look like wanna-be Ameraucanas (muffed face, pea comb)
Some look sort-of like Cream Legbars (single comb, sometimes a crest on the head, sometimes Legbar colored)
Some do not look even remotely like any specific other breed.

And in the USA, actual Araucanas are rare and expensive, and are usually not good layers. When people want to mix blue-layers with another breed, they usually choose Ameraucanas or Cream Legbars or one of the existing blue-egg mixes, rather than pure Araucanas.

In other places, Easter Eggers that are a direct mix may be more common, and breeding with Araucanas may be more common. Since I live in the USA, I mostly know about the ones sold by hatcheries in this country.

I do not know what country the OP is in, so I do not know what set of assumptions is useful in this case.

Now I'm not an EE expert, but I highly doubt Wyandottes would be used to make EEs. Wyandottes lay light brown eggs I think. I've never heard of any Wyandotte EEs least.
When you take a closer look you can also see that your hen isn't laced like Wyandottes are. She is double laced. It's more likely she was mixed with a Barnevelder which are double laced and lay brown eggs. If you ask me, her body type does look similar to Barnevelders.
I agree, that hen looks more like a Barnevelder than like a Wyandotte.
I have also seen some mixes of Dark Cornish with other breeds, that came out looking similar to that hen.

It will be interesting to learn what color egg she lays, when she starts!

Back
Top Bottom