Can eggs be shipped over the boarder from U.S to Canada?

AppleCrisp

In the Brooder
12 Years
Nov 16, 2007
Hello. I was wondering if hatching eggs can be shipped from the U.S to Canada. I'm just looking if that I make a jump to chickens, I want to be able to hatch me some silkie eggs and I can't find any here.
sad.png

I know a U.S hatchery probably wouldn't...
But if you bought over ebay then could you get eggs shipped?
Thanks.

Quote:
Actually a hatchery will ship to Canada, there is paperwork needed to ship over the boarder (health certs) . By law you must have that to ship accross the boarder. We sell on ebay and have declined orders from Canada for those reasons.

Steve in NC

You have to be NPIP certified, have a vet come out and check your flock and get a special form to send with the eggs. It ends up costing around $150.00.

Or, you can drive down and pick up a dozen "eating eggs" to take home with you.

I actually think that any eBay eggs are not allowed to be shipped out of the cont. US, I don't think they can even go to Alaska or Hawaii, but not sure about that part. Most all ads that I have seen on eBay said eBay doesn't allow them to be shipped there.

Where do you live Apple Crisp?
Cause I live in alberta and I might be able to help.

Quote:
You can ship to Alaska but Hawaii requires a health cert. there are other state laws listed by the USPS. A few I know of, can't ship turkeys to VA, NC does not allow Eastern Wild turkeys

Steve in NC

Thanks. I live in Manitoba. I'm not positice yet about how I'm going to go upon this or if I might just choose another breed....

Back
Top Bottom