Can i add a "raw" egg to my dogs food?...is it safe?

thanks!....i finally did it..i gave them some raw duck eggs..they seemed to like them....which is a benifit..because i just cant bring myself to eat them yet!..
roll.png

I gave my dogs eggs tonight when coming in from the coop, its their favorite treat. They take off and lay in the grass and eat shell and all.

I do it about once or twice a week, you can see the difference in the husky's coat.

yeah, i also notice the coats get nicer.
smile.png
.....and also when i felt like my Saint Bernard male needed to add a little bit of weight..it helped also.
And my female Saint is SO picky!..if she dosent get wet food mixed with her dry..she will not eat! and i mean for like 2 days sometimes....
he.gif
..'lil brat!..BUT..if i add an egg or 2 to the dry(without the wet food), she will eat it.....thanks, Wendy

Whenever i have a "poopy" covered egg through the week I save them in a container and then scramble the eggs up on the weekend for my dogs...as a treat....they'll eat them raw also....

I think prolonged exposure to raw eggs could be harmful. I had a dog that I gave a raw egg to almost every day for 16 years and one day she just died.
wink.png
lol

We used to have an outside dog. Gave it the eggs that were frozen in the winter in -30 weather. When in the shell they kind of bounce on concrete.... Thats a different story. Bottom line is the dog would grab it and run to his house and heat light and spend a hour of so knawing on it. Good treat and kept his occupied for awhile and his coat was long ans shiney and kept him warm all winter.

Before I started giving my dogs a raw egg, once in awhile, I, too was concerned until my dh said to me............they eat dead things for Pete's sake
th.gif
so I give them the eggs once in awhile
big_smile.png
Vet told me to drizzle on some good oil (I mostly use olive oil or canola oil) over their dog food as it really enhances their coats and is very good for them.

my shelties love an occ egg, its fun to watch them crack and eat the entire thing,,, my black girl is a great egg theif,
they also like an occ bad hard boiled egg,
all my dogs live on 75 raw food diet,,,, the vet just called, my elevan year old dog has perfect labs,,,,
they also eat lots of veggies and adore apples and carrots.
lots of people feed their dogs real food,
google BARF diet for dogs.

cheers

Back
Top Bottom