Can I add a rooster to my flock of ducks?

Sadie W

In the Brooder
Jun 19, 2023
So I have 11 ducks and I was asked if I would take in this rooster from a friends neighbor. He is a white silkie and to the best of my knowledge he’s full grown like my ducks. Can I introduce him into my flock and if so how? I want to know before I say I can take him

So I have 11 ducks and I was asked if I would take in this rooster from a friends neighbor. He is a white silkie and to the best of my knowledge he’s full grown like my ducks. Can I introduce him into my flock and if so how? I want to know before I say I can take him
My son has a flock of pekin ducks and a muscovy. A feral Rooster moved in to his back yard and was a problem as he insisted on mounting a duck as soon as he could every morning. The pekins were terrified of him and the muscovy took the brunt of the rooster's action. She was unhappy. We had to find someone who did not have ducks who would take the rooster

I also wouldn't. I've not had ducks, but I have had Silkies. They are generally a much more delicate chicken breed, being smaller, and with their foot feathering, waddling more than walking or running. They are also a magnet for bumble foot.

You've got a set up for ducks, and I don't think that would be a good fit for a Silkie.

LofMc

Back
Top Bottom