Can I add more quails to my already established duo.

Thats what I thought, thank you. Should I look for ones around the same age so they are roughly the same size?

Bobwhites do best in pairs but if you have enough space you can let both pairs share it. Best if you don't mix them with other quail since they can hybridize and the breeding process is very rough on the hens regardless of species. Keep a close eye because they will become more territorial once you add females and bobs can kill each other quite rapidly.

Hi
Thanks for your reply. How would you gauge how much is enough space? Would they be better if i just left to the two i currently have? I don't really want any more deaths. The two existing ones seems really close, where one goes the other does etc, does this make a difference?

I ma going to try to photograph my quails so you can give me your opinion on if they re both males or if i am completely wrong.

Thats what I thought, will they be alright living together? Should I get some more to add to them?

Without a female present they shouldn't get aggressive with each other. Adding a female would only be really useful to you if you wanted to hatch the eggs. They don't lay a lot, usually appx 100, and only lay from may till august each year. They won't hatch their own eggs.

Back
Top Bottom