Can I breed a white ameraucauna rooster to easter eggers

KaylorFarms

Crowing
5 Years
Apr 3, 2017
Oklahoma
I'm starting a flock of Easter egger hens and will have a white ameraucana rooster in the bunch. Can I breed them to get Easter Eggers? Can I also breed him to other breeds like brown leghorns, australorps, etc to get easter eggers?

I'm starting a flock of Easter egger hens and will have a white ameraucana rooster in the bunch. Can I breed them to get Easter Eggers? Can I also breed him to other breeds like brown leghorns, australorps, etc to get easter eggers?
EEs fit in a large range, because they are all mixes, its quite easy to breed. The rule tends to be a blue egg layer (Ameraucana or araucana) cross with a brown layer to get EEs. F2 EEs are just EEs bred with another brown layer

EEs fit in a large range, because they are all mixes, its quite easy to breed. The rule tends to be a blue egg layer (Ameraucana or araucana) cross with a brown layer to get EEs. F2 EEs are just EEs bred with another brown layer
Thanks for your reply! Do you think the white ameraucana with the EEs will be a good/pretty mix?

Thanks for your reply! Do you think the white ameraucana with the EEs will be a good/pretty mix?
Yes, it will be a pretty mix.

I think you might consider mating him with a Marans or Welsummer, too...and get a few Olive Eggers! Probably the Welsummer mix would give pretty offspring with him...and beautiful Olive green eggs to boot!!! Copper marans and him might give lavender offspring ( maybe need couple generations to dilute black enough)

Back
Top Bottom