Can I breed my cornish-x roo?

Most peeps try to breed the Cornish cross hens if they do.

Those that breed the CX boys... may be collecting the semen and artificially inseminating their hens. There are videos how to do it.

I think the double breasted-ness can prevent them from hitting the spot if they are successful at mounting without causing injury to the hen.

Lot's of peeps wanna know your outcome though! :pop

Good luck! :fl

Most peeps try to breed the Cornish cross hens if they do.

Those that breed the CX boys... may be collecting the semen and artificially inseminating their hens. There are videos how to do it.

I think the double breasted-ness can prevent them from hitting the spot if they are successful at mounting without causing injury to the hen.

Lot's of peeps wanna know your outcome though! :pop

Good luck! :fl
Thank you for your help! @Compost King have you ever tried this?

I have never had a CX live long enough to breed and I only have only rationed feed to the females. Duluth Ralphie suggested to me that it may be too hard to breed the large breasted birds because ^^^^^ @EggSighted4Life ^^^^^^^ pretty much explained it. they can't balance correctly to "hit the spot" I currently have 3 males right now but I plan to butcher them and pretty soon/young. I also have 3 females that I ration feed to (attempt #2) the first one I had was a lone CX who ended up dying at week 15 when the summer heat hits its peak.
Its much easier to keep the female for breeding but if you want to try Artificial Insemination its much easier than I thought it would be or at least it looks easy on youtube.

I have never had a CX live long enough to breed and I only have only rationed feed to the females. Duluth Ralphie suggested to me that it may be too hard to breed the large breasted birds because ^^^^^ @EggSighted4Life ^^^^^^^ pretty much explained it. they can't balance correctly to "hit the spot" I currently have 3 males right now but I plan to butcher them and pretty soon/young. I also have 3 females that I ration feed to (attempt #2) the first one I had was a lone CX who ended up dying at week 15 when the summer heat hits its peak.
Its much easier to keep the female for breeding but if you want to try Artificial Insemination its much easier than I thought it would be or at least it looks easy on youtube.

Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom