Can I candle turkey eggs with a regular flashlight?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Teresaann24, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    I tried candling tonigth Only 3 days I was not expectign to see anything just wanted to see how good I could see inside with my regular flashlight I couldnt see the air sac at all but my battiers are dying in my flashlight. I could see the egg yolk which looks like it was extended. I am wondering once I get batteris and its working right will I be able to see any development in my turkey eggs with a regular flashlight.

2. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    I'm getting turkey eggs this week. [​IMG] I hope [​IMG]. I'll be eggcited to see the answer, hope you get one soon. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Recieved my eggs today. As I look at them they look like you could see through them. Their not that dark.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  3. drmeyes236

drmeyes236 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    ohio
    I don't know about turkey eggs, but I can see in my duck eggs with no problem. I can even see during the day because the are white. We did build a candler with a coffee can and a light bulb for better viewing.

4. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    If the light is bright enough you can use it. Get you some new energizers and let the bunny earn his keep. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by