Can I complain?? :P

purplepeep

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 9, 2009
Northern Ontario
My chickies, who are 3 weeks old now are living in my sunroom until the coop is ready (which we can't start until the snow has gone down a bit) Although I love them more than I ever thought I would, they are very quickly moving from that "awwwww, look at the little fluffy babies" stage into the "ARGH!!! I have 32 chickens living in my house" stage. AND, I am dying to set up my sunroom, with all my patio furniture....the sun is shining and everything.
cool.png
Can you say "spring fever ????"

Ok, Ok, I'm done my rant now
hide.gif
haha.

..feeling your pain. Right now my 'gawky-aged' chicks are in a temporary set up and it's killing me. Not sure about anyone else, but I think baby chicks are stinkier than my big girls!!
sickbyc.gif

I can't say that mine smell much at all, however I have been meticulously cleaning their pen every day, since they are in my carpeted sunroom..... I hope they don't get too used to living in the Hilton....because they sure aren't getting a mint on their pillows once they are out in their house
lau.gif

lol.png
Mine are just 8 days and in my sunroom that we only had built in December/08.

DH says Whuuuuuutttt? I can't sit in the sunroom with my cup of coffee and the ceiling fans on? Why can't I have the ceiling fans on?

Me: Well hun, the babies could get chilled and that's bad for them.

DH: but the purpose of turning the porch into a sunroom was so we could have our coffee and sit out there...where else can you put your chicks?

Me: Yep. Nope. Better get to work on that coop! Cause soon they'll be flying out of that box and we'll come in to find 11 chickens hanging out all over the sunroom and there's no telling how much damage they could do to our potted plants!

DH: I'll have you a coop by next weekend.

Me: And then we can get some Black Copper Maran eggs! I know how bad you want some of those dark, dark eggs....
lol.png

Neverending story~

My chicks are in my DS's bedroom, so mylittle guy has been sleeping in my bed. I'm ready for them to be out and have my bedroom back - but I'm getting more on May 20 so I'll start the cycle all over again. By then though my coop should be done and it'll be a bit warmer so I'll move them out into the incubation room a little sooner than this first batch!

I had 18 chickens on my screened porch until they were almost 6 months old. Two roosters included and the porch is right in front of our bedroom.
I feel for ya.
hmm.png

Wait till they can get out of the pen. I brooded mine in my laundry room and one morning i heard peeping really loud and opened the door, there to greet me was 5 of my 35 babies waiting for their breakfast! My kids would find them randomly throughout the house. It was funny until one got downstairs when we were gone and pooped on my DD's pillow...they went outside the next day...she even helped!
wink.png

I have to chuckle at how so many of us are in the same situation at the same time. I am on my last batch of chicks for this year(at least that is what I keep telling myself), and those who are out in the dog room(a separate building I have for my dog grooming and dog supplies) are overstaying their welcome there. We are supposed to get the larger coop and chicken yard finished this weekend. Phew, the chickens will feel sooo much better!!! And so will I!!!
wink.png
Then this last batch can move from my house into the dog room for a short stay before heading out to the coop.

Glad to know I am not the only one in this position!!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom