Can I complain?? :P

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Sounds like our coop. My DH is milling the lumber himself out of trees from our property, and the thing is going to be a chicken castle when it is done. We don't have to worry about hurricanes up here in northern Ontario Canada. Instead our coop has to be able to withstand Lynx and Bobcats.
ep.gif

I've got 10 bo's 4 weeks old in my entryway in 2 cardboard boxes and YES they are starting to stink a little. Too cold here yet to put them out in a drafty old coop i remodeled out of a spearhouse. I keep them on newspaper and they rip it up in no time,plus now they are eating like little piglets. I also have them spoiled rotten. They think i'm the local treat factory. Everytime i walk by they start hollerin' for treats. Ain't chicken life grand.

We have three cats in the house, so my babies are closed up in the BATHROOM in the BATHTUB in a rubbermaid bin! So there are four of us sharing one bathroom until the babies can go outside with the big girls....What we do for our babies,.....
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
:weee

My first set of babies quickly outgrew their dog kennel brooder (both in size and due to my TSC weakness of adding more chicks!). They went into my girls' bathroom for 2.5-3 weeks until DH built a bigger outdoor brooder box.

WooHoo! I had my house back again... for a whole 48 hours!

That is when my wonderful (sarcasm) Father in Law brought home 6, 1 day old white leghorns and gave them to my kids! I don't even want anymore leghorns! And now I have the baby brooder set back up and 10 day old chicks in my laundry room.

I will be spending my day off tomorrow trying to build a tractor to move the 20, 6-weekers so I can move the babies to the outside brooder.

Back
Top Bottom