Can I eat my 19 week olds first eggs?

Flame80

Songster
Jul 1, 2020
Deep East Texas Sabine County
Is it ok to eat the first eggs a chicken ever lays? I have removed the first 2 eggs from the nest and replaced them with fake eggs for helping them lay and for snake problems if it so happens. I have not washed the eggs and have them at room temp right now. I read up extensivly about how to care for eggs, washing,not washing, refrigerate, not refrigerate. I'm good with all that. Just want to make sure as long as first eggs are not bloody is it ok to consume them?

One day and 2 day old!! I have one out there right now cackling and screaming like she laid a egg but I went and looked and nothing. She started screaming again and each time I walked out there she would immediently go get back in her nest! I didn't realize they would do the "egg song" so much BEFORE they lay. I thought it was always AFTER??

One day and 2 day old!! I have one out there right now cackling and screaming like she laid a egg but I went and looked and nothing. She started screaming again and each time I walked out there she would immediently go get back in her nest! I didn't realize they would do the "egg song" so much BEFORE they lay. I thought it was always AFTER??
Yep! They do it a lot before! It just means they are close!

Chickens are weird :confused:

Is it ok to eat the first eggs a chicken ever lays? I have removed the first 2 eggs from the nest and replaced them with fake eggs for helping them lay and for snake problems if it so happens. I have not washed the eggs and have them at room temp right now. I read up extensivly about how to care for eggs, washing,not washing, refrigerate, not refrigerate. I'm good with all that. Just want to make sure as long as first eggs are not bloody is it ok to consume them?

Beat them up with a little halfnhalf. Get your skillet nice a warm almost hot. Melt some butter int he pan put the egg mixture in and scramble them nicely. Toast some home baked bread and have a side of whatever you like. Enjoy with a big glass of very cold OJ...YUM.

Back
Top Bottom