Can I feed my chickens frozen blueberrys raspberrys and blackberrys?

Bryce Thomas

Songster
Mar 21, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
Can I? I want to give them some of that frozen stuff you do, get a load of frozen fruit, put it into a cup with water then freeze it then give it to your chickens!

Frozen fruit is great for chickens on hots days. I always freeze some watermelon, a banana, some strawberries, blueberries, etc for my chickens on hot days.

My flocks LOVE a mash (regular feed moistened with water) and always have. I believe many of them wait for it to fill up their crops at night because I make them mash every night right before lock up. This winter I accidentally left their unfinished mash in their run and it froze overnight. To my surprise, my birds went CRAZY for this "new and exciting" treat! Can't wait to try this out whenever it's hot.
My birds also LOVE frozen blueberries and we usually have a lot of them frozen from the past season since we have many blueberry bushes. They love any berry to be completely honest. I am trying to refrain from giving treats so the berries will be a treat that's given on a very rare occasion.

Back
Top Bottom