Can I feed my chickens table scraps with sauces?

As long as it's more salad than dressing, it's likely fine. It's good to avoid things that are overly salty or fatty but otherwise, most stuff is fine and much appreciated ;)

I think they'd have to eat pounds and pounds of apple seeds before having any ill effects. I give my birds all the scraps---cores and peels--from making applesauce. My son eats at least one apple a day and the cores always go to the flock. No problems.

My neighbour had some leftover salad the other day and asked if the chooks wanted it. I said they probably wouldn't eat the lettuce but tipped it on the lawn for them to have a go at. Turns out my new girls love lettuce, or else they love the dressing, they ate the lot. But the oil from the dressing killed a patch of grass. Of course if I cared what the lawn looked like I wouldn't have a flock of chickens roaming about on it.

My neighbour had some leftover salad the other day and asked if the chooks wanted it. I said they probably wouldn't eat the lettuce but tipped it on the lawn for them to have a go at. Turns out my new girls love lettuce, or else they love the dressing, they ate the lot. But the oil from the dressing killed a patch of grass. Of course if I cared what the lawn looked like I wouldn't have a flock of chickens roaming about on it.
How flippin' much dressing does your neighbor put on a salad?
gig.gif

If the oil dressing had vinegar in it, that is what most likely killed the grass. I use vinegar to kill weeds and grass and it works great!

Back
Top Bottom