Can I get an ID on an all black chick?

I got updated pics today. I see now that they are getting little bits of red scalloping on their feathers. Both on the scapulars and the flight feathers. First pic is a zoom in on the scapular feathers. Should be interesting now that they are starting to feather out.
Screenshot_20220424-161346.png
20220424_161056.jpg

I see 5 toes, & black skin. Makes me think Mystic Onyx.
Oh my gosh! You are right. I didn't even notice!! what an Eagle eye you are!!! Two of the blacks have 5 toes and look the same. One of them is bigger and is obviously a different breed. how exciting. Mystic Onyx looks like a super cool breed too.
Are they sexed at hatching? I see on the Hoovers website the chicks can look very different.

Oh my gosh! You are right. I didn't even notice!! what an Eagle eye you are!!! Two of the blacks have 5 toes and look the same. One of them is bigger and is obviously a different breed. how exciting. Mystic Onyx looks like a super cool breed too.
Are they sexed at hatching? I see on the Hoovers website the chicks can look very different.
Thanks, I keep an eye out for the slightest details.

I'm not sure if they're sexed. Did the bin say straight run, or pullets?

they were sold to me as "assorted egg layer"
Normally Runnings orders pullets. its rare that they get straight runs.
They don't seem to be very assorted.

Hoover's is now requiring from what I've seen, orders of 5 per breed, & sex now, but I'm not sure if they require that for feed stores too.
So, that's 5 cockerels, & 5 pullets with each order.

Back
Top Bottom