Can I get hatching eggs for a broody?

You can do either one. Silkies tend to be really good mothers. If you don't have the space to separate mom and babies you can raise them indoors like any other chicks. I'd also get maybe 4-5 eggs. Eggs can be damaged or infertile when shipped so better safe the sorry.
If I had the space indoors could I bring mom and babies in if the temapture isn’t right Or just keep chicks inside?

I will say shipped eggs can be hard, some will end up broken (maybe?), some not fertilized or just won't start, some may quit so you don't want to put just how many babies you want under her. I ordered 12 eggs from ebay. 4 came broken (not pleased with packing from my seller), so had 8. Put 4 under my broody and 4 in the incubator. 2 under my broody are growing great, day 15, last I looked a couple days ago. And 2 in the incubator started but only 1 is still going now. I will let that one hatch in the incubator and then slip it under my broody with the ones she hatches and hopefully she will accept it just fine.

Just wanted to put that out there since out of 12 eggs IF all the ones still going make it to hatch I will end up with 3 chicks.

Back
Top Bottom