Can I give my 3 year old rooster nutri drench directly

SuburbianFarmChic

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 25, 2017
Hello everyone,
I have a three year old rooster who for the last week or so has been falling down when he walks. He can’t keep his balance. I noticed he has a severe case of lice and I treated him with a dusting of Petethin?
I believe his weakness is caused by the lice sucking his blood and has made him anemic? Not really sure. His comb also is very pale. I have been offering him scrambled eggs and electrolytes. He has a good appetite and is also drinking water that I have added apple cider vinegar to.
From reading other posts, I have purchased some Nutri drench and some vitamins. My question is, can I give him Neutra drench directly for emergency reasons? It says on the bottle for rapid response feed directly in mouth. Does that mean feed directly in mouth from the bottle or from the portion mixing?
Also can I give him the vitamin complex at the same time? Beings the Nutri drench already has vitamins in it am I going to overdose him on to many vitamins?
Thankyou for your help!
Lynn

You can give the Poultry NutriDrench 1 ml per every 3 pounds of weight orally once a day for up to 5 days. It has all the vitamins and electrolytes he needs. Then I would offer watery chicken feed from a small bowl, and some scrambled egg or tuna.

Are you sure they are lice and not mites? You should treat your other birds for lice/mites, and empty all of the old bedding out of your coop. Then spray the coop, nests, and roost bars with permethrin. Here is where to find it:
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...YS1mJU5En6DHdYQeZsBLApZ_nrXpg1LBoC_zoQAvD_BwE

You can give the Poultry NutriDrench 1 ml per every 3 pounds of weight orally once a day for up to 5 days. It has all the vitamins and electrolytes he needs. Then I would offer watery chicken feed from a small bowl, and some scrambled egg or tuna.

Are you sure they are lice and not mites? You should treat your other birds for lice/mites, and empty all of the old bedding out of your coop. Then spray the coop, nests, and roost bars with permethrin. Here is where to find it:
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...YS1mJU5En6DHdYQeZsBLApZ_nrXpg1LBoC_zoQAvD_BwE
Hi Thankyou for your reply!
Yes, they are definitely lice. Huge hard white egg sacks at the base of his feathers. And I saw them crawling all over, white grayish bugs.
Do you think this could be the cause of his stumbling? It’s so sad.
So only give the nutridrench? No vitamin b or poultry cell? I have been scrambling up a goose egg for him in the morning. Should I give him more than once a day?
I so appreciate your help!
Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom