Can I go Pellet free for rabbits if I have high protein forage

Dec 6, 2019
Philippines
I have infinite Source of Sweet Potato leaves(have 2.2 grams of protein), Cassava Leaves(rabbit feed of choice in Africa), Moringa (proven superfood),Mulberry leaves and branches (I heard in UK mulberry is a popular forage for rabbits) bamboo leaves,Legume leaves,Bokchoy and Hay. I also have rice hay since Rice is popular here.

There is also grass and weeds that have not killed any rabbits so far. I want to go pellet free even if It will make me do the extra work of foraging. Anyone here who is giving a pellet free diet for their rabbits? Is it possible to have high performing breeders and very fat livestock with just Forage alone? I do not want to buy pellets because I already spend money for my ducks and geese. I am preparing for hyperinflation since the people of my country voted for an incompetent son of a dictator who pays trolls to defend him online. My country is doomed and I want to be self sufficient and feeds like pellets will be financial burden.

I feed 100% grass or hay (same thing). Do you do meat rabbits? I raise Mini Lops and Mini Plush Lops as pets. I don't need to fatten anybody up. Pellets will definitely give you a bigger rabbit for meat if you free feed them.

Back
Top Bottom