Can I have three drakes and everyone get along?

dark neutering of drakes to this very day is still being done. it also has a bad habbit of stoping ducks from laying thir eggs... no fighting or friskieness are sighns of dark neutering//

how many knew women can keep a secret just as well as men can? It just takes more of them to do it..

the answer to the question is just like in humans the females do most of the talking while the males must be quiet and just listen..

As it does with any breed? (lol) (adding a female to the mix) Where are you located "Going Quackers"?

Not really, i mean some yes as a breed some are more easy going, tolerant BUT the drive of a drake is likely the same in a call as it is a 'scovie ... lol but i admit i only have 'scovies, other than my wee calls, their just babes and there are only 2 so won't matter much.

I am a few hours from you.. i've been out there actually, one of my horses came from that area.

Fwiw, my drakes have 9 ducks (ok one is only turning 9 wks, not so sure if they know she's a she yet but likely do lol) they had at it yesterday broke up two fights and then finally quit and let them have at it.

The one drake is younger and raised here since a 2wk old... he is just very "i'm top drake" while the older(bigger one) is more laid back but that doesn't stop fighting.

Last edited:
All you can do is hope for the best, and then play it out from there. If it helps, common problem. Human females? that is a non issue, mostly women care for the birds here, mainly me, if anything my son & husband cause issues being males.. lol

Thanks for the info. I will wait it out. If I have to get a couple more females how bad can it be? My husband is cringing as I write this, LOL I raised two boys so I understand completely. LOL

Duck math!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom