Can I help my depressed hen?

Im not normally a hippy dippy person but this might help.
Iv'e got Faverolles too and I know anything is times 5 at least with them exitement, fear, depression they're just dramatic little birds
If you can, get some oil of oregano or make some.
Mix it 2 or 3 drops to a gallon into their drinking water.
It will help your little frenchies fend off any bugs that may take advantage of their mindset right now.:)

Thank you! I'll see if I can check in the morning.
Keep us posted!

Oh, one more thing I do. When inspecting mine, I stand them on something like a table, this way they can feel their feet underneath them (less stressful) and easier on my back too! Just drape an arm around her and pull her to your body, then you sort of have her "wedged in", you have 1 completely free arm and hand, and the hand of the arm draped over her can be used to control her or pull down the wattles a bit so you can peak inside the beak.

Interesting @Chickassan so they are Drama Queens? So, very possible she's just moping?
Iv'e got Faverolles too and I know anything is times 5 at least with them exitement, fear, depression they're just dramatic little birds
It will help your little frenchies fend off any bugs that may take advantage of their mindset right now.:)

Omgosh yes they're drama queens!
It is entirely possible she's moping but since drama is as natural as pooping to them you just never know.
When possible I take my troubled birds aside and let them have a day with me, normally they perk up, if not then it is serious :)
Keep us posted!

Oh, one more thing I do. When inspecting mine, I stand them on something like a table, this way they can feel their feet underneath them (less stressful) and easier on my back too! Just drape an arm around her and pull her to your body, then you sort of have her "wedged in", you have 1 completely free arm and hand, and the hand of the arm draped over her can be used to control her or pull down the wattles a bit so you can peak inside the beak.

Interesting @Chickassan so they are Drama Queens? So, very possible she's just moping?
Y

Keep us posted!

She didn't really like me wanting to get a picture, but I did see something on the bottom of her beak. It's kinda yellow-ish and it looks like it's on the inside too
IMG_20191022_055230.jpg
IMG_20191022_055209.jpg

Do you have anyone who can help you? Maybe take a photo while you open the beak?
It would be good to get a better look inside her mouth.
At the time of taking the picture, I didn't. I was the only one home. I can try again in the afternoon when I have help, but I'm afraid she's gonna struggle too much and that I might scare her.

At the time of taking the picture, I didn't. I was the only one home. I can try again in the afternoon when I have help, but I'm afraid she's gonna struggle too much and that I might scare her.
It might, she won't like it....but just be calm and confident and persistent.
Wrap her in a towel to hold wings down.
You can do it!

Haven't been able to check yet, but I want to see whats up with this. I let them out once I got home, and she pooped on the ground. It was bubbly when it came out, though, and looks like this now. I take it this is bad?
IMG_20191022_152814.jpg

And I can agree that they're very dramatic. This one practically screams when I put my hand near her. None of the others do that lol

Back
Top Bottom