can I integrate one gamefowl hen to my flock

If they are acting normal, bright eyed, active, eating I refuse to worry about them. In all my years, I have never had an egg bound chicken. I didn't even know of all these things that could go wrong...having never seen them.

Just let them be chickens.

Mrs K

thank you!!! I needed that!:) It was becoming too much worrying about all these random things!
If they are acting normal, bright eyed, active, eating I refuse to worry about them. In all my years, I have never had an egg bound chicken. I didn't even know of all these things that could go wrong...having never seen them.

Just let them be chickens.

Mrs K

I have yet another question haha! So, we've been keeping the bully easter egger hen that is the lowest on the pecking order out of the part of the coop that they roost in (it has a tiny door that shuts them in so that they don't wake everyone up at 5am). So we've been keeping the main bully out of there and setting the new gamefowl on the roost in that tiny part with the other two after everyone is asleep because she's not going in there on her own yet. Were keeping the mean easter egger in the main coop part to roost by herself so that if they wake up before we let them out of the small part that she doesn't attack the gamefowl. Do we keep keeping her separate? or do we chance it and let her go in with the other two, put the gamefowl in after they are asleep and pray that when they wake up the easter egger doesn't attack her in that tiny space?
or do we keep doing what we are doing for awhile and keep the bully separate at night? i feel like the gamefowl is very far from going in there on her own

You are way more patient than me. But I can hear quite a bit of concern in your posts, so things might not be as smooth as I hoped.

At this point - I would order a small number of the pin-less peepers. I would put them on everyone. Even the game bird. Let them roost where they want. The peepers will keep them from attacking and pecking. Leave them on for two weeks. Then take them off and see how they do. I am pretty sure they are re usable.

Often they can be key, it getting new birds to live together in smaller flocks. But on the other hand, I would order these, because I do not have the patience to put birds in after other birds are sleeping. That may work well for the birds, but not for me.

Mrs K

Back
Top Bottom