Can I introduce goslings to broody goose?

Should I "sneak" the goslings into the goose's nest, or just go ahead and introduce them?
My 2 accepted goslings but because my goose had lost her only gosling before it hatched I waited 2 weeks before leaving them for good with them. I took them out every day so they could all be together it just took my goose a while to get over her loss. [we both heard the gosling chirping inside the egg]

My 2 accepted goslings but because my goose had lost her only gosling before it hatched I waited 2 weeks before leaving them for good with them. I took them out every day so they could all be together it just took my goose a while to get over her loss. [we both heard the gosling chirping inside the egg]
Aw, that's so sad about the gosling. 😢

I brought home some goslings and had a partially sitting but no feathers in the nest goose. Goslings in a wire dog crate brooder in the main coop -- look but no touch. Night 1 Ethel slept next to the crate and stuck beside it day 2. I opened the door and she immediately ran inside. That night they had a mommy. The whole gaggle was a bit scared of these tiny things chasing them trying to cuddle, so I kept the hotplate and checked on them often to make sure the babies were warm.

She did go broody for real about a month later.

Back
Top Bottom