Can i keep call ducks with chickens?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by brooster, Oct 22, 2007.

1. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    I want to get a pair of call ducks but can i keep them in the coop with my chickens? I have a rooster, i dont know if he would bother them? I would probably build them a little hut with a door that only they could fit through.

2. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    i have ducks and chickens mixed and they all get along fine. only thing is ducks are messier than chickens

3. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    We have ours penned together at nights. But the chickens are on the roost and the ducks and geese do whatever it is that they do at night.

During the day, they range over an acre. The chickens go do chicken stuff and the waterfowl go make a mess somewhere.

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I keep mine penned seperate. My ducks, as much as I love them are very messy and I don't want to have to deal with that in my chicken house.

5. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

My Muscovy ducks are penned in with my chickens........not because I didnt offer them their own pen............they chose to go into chicken run and coop ...so there they are.with no problems so far

6. GUIENALADY

GUIENALADY Rest in Peace 1956-2010

May 1, 2007
    Belvidere nc
    i have about 8 call ducks in with my chickens. they get along pretty well. tough the ducks chase the chickens once in a while and a chicken tries to swim once in while.[​IMG] even the 5 guineas get along with them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by