Can I keep eggs on counter after being in fridge?

Sierra67

Songster
Jun 16, 2021
Hey this may sound stupid, but we plan to go camping and want to take some of our eggs with us (layed by our birds not washed) but our rv fridge doesn’t work, can our not cleaned eggs be taken out of the fridge and kept at room temperature? The dozen we plan to take have only been in the fridge overnight

Because they are cold, water from the air will condense on the eggs. That will wash off the bloom on the outside of the eggs. In general, once an egg has gotten cold, it is better to keep it cold.

If you can collect eggs between now and when you leave, I would keep them out of the fridge, and take them instead of the refrigerated ones.

But if you have no other options, and if it's only for a day or so, I would probably take the eggs you have (previously refrigerated), and make sure to cook them thoroughly before eating. The longer you keep the eggs, the more time there is for bacteria to grow, which is a reason to use the eggs SOON if you take them.

Because they are cold, water from the air will condense on the eggs. That will wash off the bloom on the outside of the eggs. In general, once an egg has gotten cold, it is better to keep it cold.

If you can collect eggs between now and when you leave, I would keep them out of the fridge, and take them instead of the refrigerated ones.

But if you have no other options, and if it's only for a day or so, I would probably take the eggs you have (previously refrigerated), and make sure to cook them thoroughly before eating. The longer you keep the eggs, the more time there is for bacteria to grow, which is a reason to use the eggs SOON if you take them.
We are camping for 3 days leaving tomorrow, it’s okay I’ll use eggs collected today and tomorrow morning.

Back
Top Bottom