Can I leave eggs in the turner up until hatching?

Its true haha, I see my granddaughters far more often thanks to the 2 flocks of ducks and geese. I kept 4 hatchlings in the spring and I'll probably keep another 4 after the last hatch. I'm fortunate enough to have an acre woodland pond away from the house so I can keep alot. I keep all the adult ducks out there with 3 rescued mean geese. The rest of the geese stay in a 100x100 backyard pen (sebastopols and American buffs) which has a cordoned off section and coop for the juvenile ducks. I give many away. The pekins are popular here and I'm able to sell some and give some away to great homes. Ofc with the requirement that they remain friends not food. :p
I would love to be in a home that has a pond. If that happens I am definitely getting me some ducklings and some Sebbie geese...lol

@AmyLynn2374

Where did you get the spitzhauben eggs from?
My original Spizhauben eggs I got from a local gal here. I hatched out 11, decided I wanted to keep 4 girls and 2 boys. They weren't the easiest to sex for me with the different comb, so I picked out the four I thought were girls and 2 obvious boys. The 5 that I sold I was sure there was on girl and the rest were roos. Well, It ended up out of the 6 I kept, only one was a girl!!! lol So I ended up just keeping a pair. This spring when I did the silkie eggs I collect my Spitzhauben eggs for 9 days and incubated them and ended up with 7 hatchers and out of the 7 I only had two roos this time. So I kept 3 girls and my nephew took the others. So now I have 4 girls and my roo. My Spitz roo is my roo over all of my first coop. He won't let me have a back up roo, he scalped his son pretty good before my nephew got up here to take him, so I wouldn't even try keeping another one.

Oh wow! I'd love to see pictures of them all. They are on my wishlist but I haven't been able to find any and hatcheries done for the year. If you ever decide to ship eggs I'd buy some!

Oh wow! I'd love to see pictures of them all. They are on my wishlist but I haven't been able to find any and hatcheries done for the year. If you ever decide to ship eggs I'd buy some!
My original pair the end of this last winter.

I'll try to get some new pics with my young ones a little later today and I'll throw them up on my thread and tag you. If you are still interested next spring, I'd be willing to try my hand at shipping...lol. My girl is broody and I haven't broken her yet and the other 3 haven't started laying yet. They should soon, they are almost 5 months I believe. My momma, (my original pair is named Elvis and Priscilla, I call her Prissy for short,) is a very broody hen. She is constantly in and out of broodiness. I've had to break her 2 or 3 times this summer. I'll have four laying if they all make it through the winter...lol so that should give me a good amount to be able to collect in a matter of 3-4 days. That was why I wanted more Spitz girls and the quality silkies is to sell hatching eggs and chicks. Most of my flock has been mixed and I wanted a couple purebred breeds to see if I could supplement my hobby a little.

Back
Top Bottom