Can I Maintain My Adult Ducks On This Feed?

AmandaVirus

Songster
6 Years
Mar 16, 2013
Humboldt County, CA
Organic Poultry Broiler Finisher Pellets

Use: During the final period of feeding meat birds or for raising up pullets into layers, beyond 4 to 5 weeks of age, you can switch to these finisher pellets, which are formulated with more corn, to satisfy the energy needs of the broiler. This is also a great grow out feed for turkeys.

Ingredients: Organic corn, organic wheat, organic soybean meal, organic wheat millrun, limestone, organic flaxseed, Redmond conditioner (clay), monocalcium phosphate, organic kelp meal, Redmond salt, diatomaceous earth, DL Methionine, poultry vitamin & mineral premix, organic garlic granules, organic horseradish powder, organic star anise oil, organic juniper berry oil

Guaranteed analysis: Crude protein min 17%, crude fat min 3.0%, crude fiber max 4.0%, ash max 7.9%

I know it's supposed to be a finisher for broiler birds, but I couldn't find a grower or all purpose feed from this mill. I'm thinking of getting a drake for my three girls and I wouldn't want him eating layer feed, I've heard the calcium can damage their kidneys. They are my pets and once I get a drake, they will also be breeders, so I want the best for them!
big_smile.png

The feed is from Modesto Milling in California.

YOu could, i use a pullet grower that is 16% same reasons, drakes and i also have mixed ages yet again lol plus my chickens free range and they don't need to eat duck growers.

Are you choosing organic purposely, or is that all they have?

Last edited:
I thought it was weird that they didn't have a mixed flock formula, but it does say for chicken and other poultry on their website. I figured this feed would be fine, but I wanted clarification, so thanks for that!

I'm choosing organic on purpose, they are an organic only mill. I have a few other brands to choose form, but I wanted to buy a more local and organic feed.

Back
Top Bottom