Can I mention BYC in newspaper interview?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Dipsy Doodle Doo, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Hi!
    I'm going to be interviewed for a newspaper article on raising chickens and wondering how (and if) I can give a plug to BYC.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Absolutely! [​IMG]

3. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

I would think you could. It's been in other papers and stuff before..Way to get the word out too....

(but wait if you put it in a paper there could be a swarm of new members and I might not be the winner on the 25,000th member)... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I guess I could deal with that if I had to...

4. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

You do and we'll thank you with a 6 month GFM to use for yourself or as a gift! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Hi! I'm waiting to see what 'slant' the interviewer wants to take. Given the opportunity, I'd just talk about my 'ODD BIRDS'/ unusual chickens.
    But I expect she'll just be asking about 'usual chicken stuff'.
    I'm nervous I might say something that might be turned into 'negative press' (you know how those reporter types are, lol. *a joke* --- I don't know any reporter-types).
    Do I just say "Oh by the way, if your readers are surfing the web for any chicken-related info, check out backyardchickens.com"?
    Thanks Rob, that's a sweet offer. I've gotten so much from BYC that the least I could do is throw the website out there--- as long as it's ok with you.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by