Can I Move 3 Baby Quail In With The Adults?

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Fluffy Feather Farm
12 Years
Jan 26, 2010
Texas, Panhandle
I have two grown Button Quail, and 3 babies that are around 3 weeks old. I would really like to put them all in together. Will the male fight with the smaller male? Advice Needed! Thank You!!!
smile.png

I wouldnt quail caan be viscious lil buggers... I would wait until they get full size before trying to integrate them .. And be very carful with two males that werent hatched/raised together ....

Quote:
If I put lots of hiding spots in there and they have plenty of room to get away from each other, do you think they'll fight?
sad.png

It would sure be alot easier to have them all in one pen.

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
If I put lots of hiding spots in there and they have plenty of room to get away from each other, do you think they'll fight?
sad.png

It would sure be alot easier to have them all in one pen.

It really depends ont he birds.. Its good they have lots of places to hide but until you put them together you really wont know ..​

What I do sometime is put a small cage with the new quail in the cage with the old quail, that way the can get to know each other. After a day or two you can let the new ones out with the old ones and see if they get along. It works sometimes but give it a try, it also depends on the quail on how they act, like CoopCrazy said. Hope it works.

Okay, I put them all together in a big storage bin and put lots of hiding spots in there. So far the grown male is chasing the grown female around, and the female is making a weird noise I've never heard her make before. Then the male started chasing everybody around. But mostly just the female. And the male is making this weird sounds that sounds like a hiss kinda thing. Hard to explain.

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Okay, I put them all together in a big storage bin and put lots of hiding spots in there. So far the grown male is chasing the grown female around, and the female is making a weird noise I've never heard her make before. Then the male started chasing everybody around. But mostly just the female. And the male is making this weird sounds that sounds like a hiss kinda thing. Hard to explain.

Sounds as though he is trying to court her​

Do Not Mix Baby/ Juveniles With Adults Unless You Can Watch Them Incessantly 24/7--- Its A Recipe For Disaster. Once The Babies/juvies Are Full Size The Threat Greatly Diminishes.

Back
Top Bottom