Can I move a newborn with 1 day olds?

injeniera

Chirping
8 Years
Nov 24, 2015
Hi! This is the first time I successfully hatch a batch, only 4 eggs were fertile out of the 8 I put in the incubator, but everything seems to be going well (at least for the first 3 chicks).

The thing is that the last one born seems very weak compares to her siblings, is it ok to keep them all together??

20221020_194842.jpg

She should be perfectly fine to go in with her siblings. Since she’s a little weaker than her siblings I’d watch her to make sure they don’t smash her.

Quick update: turns out the little one is a bully!! I moved him in with her siblings, the first day everything was fine, but not today morning. I tried to peck her like the mom would but after half an hour, nothing changed.

I had to isolate him from the other two cause he was pecking his yellow brother in the eyes... 😒

Hi! This is the first time I successfully hatch a batch, only 4 eggs were fertile out of the 8 I put in the incubator, but everything seems to be going well (at least for the first 3 chicks).

The thing is that the last one born seems very weak compares to her siblings, is it ok to keep them all together??

View attachment 3297908
Is this the baby who cant lift her head up?
Is she doing better now?

Back
Top Bottom