Can I pick your brain for a magazine article?

FenDruadin

Crowing
10 Years
Jul 30, 2009
Charlotte, NC Area
Hi guys,

I haven't been on in a while, but I used to contribute here often and of course I remember a great number of old "faces" here. It's been an insane winter, with more going on than I care to even remember. But some good things have happened, including my taking a step closer to my dream of writing for national magazines. In fact, I have had a proposal accepted for Grit magazine, and guess what the topic is? Ducks!!!

So, I'm wondering if any of my old pals, or any new members here, would be willing to help me out. I'm looking for other duck owners, especially those in other parts of the country or world (I'm in NC and have already tapped a lot of local/regional resources), would be willing to contribute their thoughts, experiences, stories, etc. Specifically right now, I'm looking for stories and experiences about making money on duck products. Are you incubating and selling ducklings out of your flock? How about eggs--what markets are you tapping to bring the highest prices for your eggs? Anyone selling meat? What breeds are you using and what are your customers asking for?

If you are interested in chatting with me about any of those topics, shoot me an email. My address is heather at careyhead dot net. Remove the spaces and replace the "dot" and "at" with symbols. I'll send you a questionnaire. I'm also interested in photos if you have any you're especially proud of and that you have a high-def version of. Don't send those right away though--there are extra steps if we're going to use your photos, so just contact me and I'll tell you the rest of the drill.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide! I look forward to hearing from you.

Heather

I shot you an e-mail.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom