Can i put rabbit into the coop at night?

After she has her first litter I would spay her.

If the rabbit is a pet, yes. If the rabbit is intended to be a breeding doe who keeps having babies, then no.

Also, you should have her inside when she gives birth, much bigger chance that the babies will survive.

Huh? I've had lots of rabbits have babies just fine outdoors. Safe cage, safe nestbox, check on occasion but don't pester them too much.

I always figured the worst thing to do was upsetting the doe by changing too many things. So wherever the rabbit usually lives is where I think she should have her babies.

If the rabbit is a pet, yes. If the rabbit is intended to be a breeding doe who keeps having babies, then no.

Huh? I've had lots of rabbits have babies just fine outdoors. Safe cage, safe nestbox, check on occasion but don't pester them too much.

I always figured the worst thing to do was upsetting the doe by changing too many things. So wherever the rabbit usually lives is where I think she should have her babies.

I agree, mine granted are bred for consumptipn, but I would have does 7 or 8 have a batch of kits before I moved them along. I always had my does in the barn have kits in February where it's negatives in the night and most days and experienced mothers rarely lost more than a weak kit

What are you planning on doing with the babies? Food, pets, or are you going to keep them? It's going to he difficult to find good homes for pet rabbits and most are dumped. So many rabbits are already homeless.

Yeah, unspayed females can be like that. After she has her first litter I would spay her. Also, you should have her inside when she gives birth, much bigger chance that the babies will survive. Just try to spend lots of time with her and be calm. Dont ever chase her or try to pick her up from right above her. Gradually get close and then quickly pick her up with her head tucked into your elbow so she doesn't see how high up she is.
It will take forever to finally pick her up, especially when i'm starting school tomorrow :eek: I'll try.

What are you planning on doing with the babies? Food, pets, or are you going to keep them? It's going to he difficult to find good homes for pet rabbits and most are dumped. So many rabbits are already homeless.
I'm planning to sell them alive, probably they'll end up at someones plate but someone may buy one as a pet. I'm planning to keep the friendliest one.

About picking the rabbit up: if you just do it regularly, she will get used to it.

Some people make friends with the rabbit slowly, on the rabbit's terms. And some people just pick up the rabbit and pet it, and their rabbits get used to that. I have no idea which is "better" overall. I just know that different people do it differently.

Omg today she's been running around with straw and hay in her mouth, doing something in one corner and now she's pulling out her fur to make a nest. How is this possible? She had been mated on 19 august. Is this normal that she makes a nest that early or maybe her previous owner let a male mate her and we bought it? Or maybe she'll miscarry (abort? you know, born dead children)? I hope she wont... What do you think?

Omg today she's been running around with straw and hay in her mouth, doing something in one corner and now she's pulling out her fur to make a nest. How is this possible? She had been mated on 19 august. Is this normal that she makes a nest that early or maybe her previous owner let a male mate her and we bought it? Or maybe she'll miscarry (abort? you know, born dead children)? I hope she wont... What do you think?

Make sure she has a safe spot to make a nest (wood box, little house part of the cage, something of the sort.) Also make sure she's got plenty of hay and straw.

--she may have been pregnant when you got her.
--she may have false preganancy, (thinks she is pregnant but really is not.)
--Rabbits that miscarry/abort usually do not make a nest.

Turned out that the previous owner put a male in the female cage thinking he was a female and probably he has mated my one

Probably pregnant, then. Just make sure she has a suitable box and lots of nesting material, and she should be fine.

She will probably have bunnies within the next 1-3 days.

Make sure she has a safe spot to make a nest (wood box, little house part of the cage, something of the sort.) Also make sure she's got plenty of hay and straw.

--she may have been pregnant when you got her.
--she may have false preganancy, (thinks she is pregnant but really is not.)
--Rabbits that miscarry/abort usually do not make a nest.

Probably pregnant, then. Just make sure she has a suitable box and lots of nesting material, and she should be fine.

She will probably have bunnies within the next 1-3 days.
She has straw bedding (cleaned yesterday) and a lot of hay in the feeder. Can i give her more straw if there won't be enough? Wouldn't it stress her?

Back
Top Bottom