Can I raise 1 chick with goslings and ducklings and combine it with my flock or will the chick be weird?

_-Captain BRM-_

Post Tenebras Lux.
Premium Feather Member
Feb 1, 2021
In the spring I am getting goslings and ducklings. I was going to raise the goslings and ducklings with 1 or 2 chicks with them so that they are used to my other chickens when they are old enough to go into the coop. I didn’t know if I just raised one chick (with the ducks and geese) it would be weird when it gets older. Does it need another of its own kind to grow up right? Thank you so much!!

Welcome to BYC. Goslings and ducklings are so much bigger than chicks, and they play in the water, which will get the chicks wet, so my advice to you would be to raise them in separate brooders because if raised together there is a good chance the chicks will get squished or wet & cold.

Welcome to BYC. Goslings and ducklings are so much bigger than chicks, and they play in the water, which will get the chicks wet, so my advice to you would be to raise them in separate brooders because if raised together there is a good chance the chicks will get squished or wet & cold.
Thank you! That is great to know.

Back
Top Bottom