can I rant here for a second... its quick I promise

Dar

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 31, 2008
As many of you know I am a health care nurse. On Saturday I went to a clients house, this man is ALWAYS in ill health, if a cold of flu bug even flys by on a gust of wind this man will get really sick.

So Saturday morning I go in and notice he is coughing producing a green/brown phlegm, runny nose, sneezing, his breathing was labored at best. I assessed that he should take a trip to the hospital, even though his chest was clear he was clearly struggling to breathe. The family declined, and my direct supervisor agreed with the family (whatever I was there on the scene not my supervisor.. but what ever, by butt is covered)

Family "claims" he was on antibiotics since Thursday which my supervisor chose to over ride my decision. (family could not remember or produce the meds when I requested for my chart
wink.png
)

I then masked and gloved during cares for saturday and sunday but I had already been exposed during the assessment and while talking on the phone, wifey was hacking up a lung and sneezing all over the place

I was off work yesterday and at about 5pm last evening my throat got scratchy, about 8pm left nostril clogged, off to the netti pot I go
th.gif
, started with the zinc, vitamin c and Echinacea.

3am i woke with my nose running like a tap, throat was on fire headache.... GREAT! I am sick
sickbyc.gif

Call my office and now I have to mask while doing cares, and if anyone has had to wear these they are not nice, hot and nasty. If my office would have stood behind me and canceled cares until client was seen by a doc I may not be feeling like crap right now. OR told them they had to mask

Some people are lazy and selfish .. She did not want to take hubby to the doc because that means she would ave lost her caregiver relief shift later in the day..

I want to call in sick for tomorrow but everyone is on vacation this week and we are below the level of skeleton staff till Thursday so thats not an option

sometimes i hate my job... i think i should be entitled to be off for at least a day but nope... not in my cards for that!

Sorry you caught that!
hugs.gif
I don't know how you do it - I could never be a nurse! I do hope you start to feel better real soon.
fl.gif
Get home and go straight to bed and just sleep plus take some vitamin D too, that's what I do.

I use to work in a ICU and their policy was do not come in if you are running a fever or have a heavy cough! SURE.........You try teling the nursing supervisor that and see if you get to stay home...I worked with fevers and masked up and yes it sucked! So I understand, sorry your feeling sick.

Hi, Dar! I'm sorry you're not feeling well...that's no fun whatsoever! If it helps any, my job isn't much fun at times, either. I'm glad I have it, though, since DH lost his job over a year ago....we're sure struggling, but if I didn't have a job, we'd be livin' in a cardboard box in an alley!
hugs.gif

I am hoping to be able to drug myself up enough that i wont be stuffy under that mask there is nothing worse then not being able to breathe cause your sinuses decided to make a run for the world record of snot production, and then being masked on top of that .. Oh yeah and note to self... dont have your morning tea cause peeing your pants cause of a sneezing fit will make for an uncomfortable shift!

Back
Top Bottom