Can I recycle a shed into a chicken coop?

That's what we did with our sheds.
I want the whole shed to be a coop, but my dad turned them into a coop/shed. (I need more henhouse space)View attachment 2399377View attachment 2399379
The shed I'm wanting to get isn't anywhere near that big! I love what you did to it, it looks GREAT!

The shed I'm wanting to get isn't anywhere near that big! I love what you did to it, it looks GREAT!
It doesn't have to be that big. The concept is the same. My old shed had nothing in the way of windows or ventilation. I'm just showing you what's possible. Even and upgraded roof can be added to totally change things.

I agree with the concept of ventilation. I bought an 8x8 shed and after it was built, I cut the complete gable (triangle) off the leeward side, and a couple openings in the windward side gable. For the big triangle I covered with hardware cloth and sun shade, and the other side, I used metal vent covers. It was only for 8 birds, in spite of the footage, and in the desert, so doing both sides of the gable roof completely, is a great idea. You can start by stapling the hardware cloth, just to get it in position, then use the proper washers/screws to critter proof it, just a tip for working by yourself. (no pictures, it's at my former house).

This is my shed when it was being moved in, lol. It was quite the fun process. I need to scrape and paint it, and replace the windows. Plus a lot of other stuff.
20201017_153257.jpg

Back
Top Bottom