Can i see some pics of your laying birds? (Pics of Emma added)

One of my Barred rocks and one of my Buff Orp's

21297_barred_rock_laying.jpg

21297_buff_orp_laying.jpg

I'm glad you asked this because I'm trying to get a picture of each of my hens on the nest. My birds are 23 weeks old.

Bill

By the way I have 3 BA's and I don't think I've had an egg from one yet.

Last edited:
Thank you for the compliments. You all have beautiful birds also. I wish I had room for a pair of each kind. I really like the laced ones. I can't recall who had it but it was blue and looked laced. I'm by far no pro on what a color is called, bit those seem to always catch my eye.

I'm pretty close to all mine. I am very gentle with them and when they have to ge caught I try to cause as less stress as possible. I don't even hold their legs unless they may injur me with them. I usually just reach down and pick them up and hold them like a baby. They seem to like it even if they don't care fot the cathcing part. I reckon they feel the love.

Quote:
goodness! my australorp's comb looks just like Fiona's!! :hmm...

I don't know what a BA is so I just put come pics so you could see a difference. I have a solid black hen. even her comb is black. I introduced her to her arranged weddings groom and she fought like a rooster. So I put her with a different one, thinking hes just a wimp and she didn't approve. Well, he fought back and I even got it trying to get her out. So I tried a different one and again, it was on. So I came to the conclusion she was a he and asked my friend that knows alot more about all this than I do and he says she is a she. She just would rather be where she was. So that is where she is. She earned her name that day. Tyson after Mike Tyson, and not because of the color but the fighting. Don't misinterpret, I don't approve of fighting chickens. I don't allow aggressive animals at all. This little hen is about as docile as they come. Until I decided to choose her husband. She wasn't having it at all.
Here she is, see what I mean?
http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv122/emvickrey/CrissysPictures009.jpg

Anyway, I hope that we are able to help. If you posted a pic you would get a faster decision. We could tell you what you have.

Alright, thx for the reply! oh and btw by BA i meant Blk Australorp.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom