Can I still somewhat cure this crippled chick?

mrlowland

Hatching
May 14, 2023
Hey guys!

Is there ANY way to still make this chicken walk again?

This might be a bit of a ridiculous campaign... 😅

But, we adopted a crippled chick from my parents farm who otherwise would've been eaten by a fox or buzzard.

Turns out that this chick got stuck in the fence, already a month a go.
Since then it's been walking less and less...
To the point that it gave up and just stays in the outside chicken coup.

Seems like her right leg just senseless stays in place.
But her left leg, the one that seems functional, she keeps tucked behind her.

We have the time and dedication to at least try everything to save it.
So what could we do???

Could we possibly tape the legs closer together, and try train it to walk?

Or are we really just prolonging the inevitable, and harming her in the process?

I want to at least have tried. Given that it still eats and drinks, it also seems keen on living.

What do you guys think?

Please give us some possible other solutions other than ending it!

Cheers,

Evan

IMG-2470.jpg

Have you tried giving her human super vitamin B complex for a possible riboflavin deficiency? Crush a tablet into a little water, and give her some a couple of times a day. About 1/4 tablet daily is a good dose. Can she stand on the table for a picture, if you hold her up? It would be good to see her feet and legs side by side from the front, to see if she might have a slipped tendon, or a leg bone deformity, such as varus or valgus. One leg may appear bow legged or knock kneed. The toes look curled under, and that could be a riboflavin deficiency.

I have actually been working on reversing this type of thing in two of my chicks! And it's actually working! There's a long list of things that I've been doing and a few things that will probably need bought, but here goes. I'll link everything that I can find that I've been using, except for the tinctures cause I got those locally. First, I cracked an egg and got the yolk out and added some vitamin C from a capsule, an inflammation tincture, and some silver shield. I was feeding them that about once a day. I've been putting ReliefRX all over their legs once or twice a day. I've also just started giving them a recovery tincture as well. I've been working on curling the toes of the one who seems to have lost the movements in her foot. I'll do that once or twice a day. I've started just putting the inflammation tincture in their water. Yesterday, I rubbed some Deep Blue lotion all over their legs and that seemed to help them alot. Oh, and I was giving them arnica crushed up in their water, too.
https://www.doterra.com/US/en/p/deep-blue-rub-samples

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Boiron-Arnica-Montana-15C-Homeopathic-Medicine-for-Muscle-Pain-Stiffness-Swelling-From-Injuries-Bruises-80-Pellets/768995716?wmlspartner=wlpa&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&selectedSellerId=101037041&adid=22222222223000000000&wl0=e&wl1=s&wl2=m&wl3=10352200394&wl4=pla-1103028060075&wl5=&wl6=&wl7=&wl10=Walmart&wl11=Online&wl12=768995716_10001056419&wl14=arnica tablets&veh=sem&msclkid=19a59b2c7b5b1ddcb499ff4cb66e1ad6&gclsrc=ds

https://www.naturessunshine.com/product/silver-shield-w-aqua-sol-20-ppm/

I couldn't find the ReliefRX, but some sort of an arnica rub migh work just as well. Sorry for the long post, I hope you can get him walking again!

Hey guys!

Is there ANY way to still make this chicken walk again?

This might be a bit of a ridiculous campaign... 😅

But, we adopted a crippled chick from my parents farm who otherwise would've been eaten by a fox or buzzard.

Turns out that this chick got stuck in the fence, already a month a go.
Since then it's been walking less and less...
To the point that it gave up and just stays in the outside chicken coup.

Seems like her right leg just senseless stays in place.
But her left leg, the one that seems functional, she keeps tucked behind her.

We have the time and dedication to at least try everything to save it.
So what could we do???

Could we possibly tape the legs closer together, and try train it to walk?

Or are we really just prolonging the inevitable, and harming her in the process?

I want to at least have tried. Given that it still eats and drinks, it also seems keen on living.

What do you guys think?

Please give us some possible other solutions other than ending it!

Cheers,

Evan

IMG-2470.jpg
How’s your pretty girl?

Back
Top Bottom