Can I still visit the site even though I no longer have my ladies?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Jkioneil, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Jkioneil

Jkioneil Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2010
    Oregon
    I am very sad. I miss my chickens and my everyday egg gathering. I miss feeding my girls table scraps and treats. I miss how they come running when i call and gather around talking. i miss watching them take dust baths and chase eachother around the yard. I even miss finding them in my kitchen after one of the kiddos leaves the back door open! We had to move to a condo and i had to sell my girls. It has been three days and I do not like that i can't hear their egg song or their constant bantor outside my windows. I was at the feed store yesterday for my dog and there was this man who was standing by the cicken feed looking really confused. I asked if he needed some help and the i saw the relief on his face when he exclaimed YES PLEASE! I remember how "knowledable" feed store employees had helped me so i was really excited to pass on my knowledge. I spent the next 1/2 hour going over everything with him from food and bedding to the beauty of DE and the importance of grit and oyster shell. He left with a cart full and a lot of knowledge as well as the BYC website in his pocket for future reference.

I will also miss BYC! You have all been such a help through illness, through egg questions, and random ponderings about chickens, recipies, and much, much more! Thank you all so much! I will miss you all so much. I was hoping i could stop in every now and then and say hi or see how everyone's girls are doing. again thank you so much for everything.

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    You are welcome here always!

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Darn.. sorry that you had to give up your girls.. [​IMG]
    But please DO stay around here! [​IMG]

4. adoptedbyachicken

adoptedbyachicken Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

For sure stick around. We love having people here to talk chicken, with or without current chickens!

And you can live vicariously through others, or get enabled by one of our city dwelling chicken keepers. [​IMG]

5. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

I think you just need to take a deep breath & re-group your thoughts! Let's see,....Condo huh?...... Hmmmm...... Got it!..... You need Seramas! They can & are being kept inside! Problem solved! WELCOME BACK TO CHICKEN WORLD!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. ebwy2

ebwy2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2010
    I'm still here despite being chicken-less... no reason you can't do the same

7. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    I agree about Seramas. I have several and they are quiet and fabulous for indoors- mine are outside, but I wouldn't hesitate to have them inside in a heartbeat. If you need one, they are easy to sex and Revolutionmama has Silkied and Frizzled as well as flat-feathered.

8. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    I still do, but instead of chickens I have cadbury bunnies. Want a caramel egg?

9. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    Why leave? We don't hold your being chicken-less against you. It's the desire that counts!

10. Kelly G

Kelly G It's like herding cats!

JK - it's official! I'm giving you half of my flock! You can just keep them here at my place & I'll send you pictures and updates whenever you need them!!! Take your pick from my signature, below!

Big hug! Don't even think of leaving!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by