Can I take some photographs of your chickens?

chickenphoto

Hatching
10 Years
Sep 30, 2009
Dear backyard chickeners,
Do you like (love?) your chickens? Do they have names? Do you live in or nearby Boston? If so, then I am interested in taking portraits of your chickens. I am a student photographer currently living in Boston. In exchange for your time and access to your lovely chickens I will provide you with some gorgeous prints of photographs of your chickens. If this sounds interesting, shoot me an email, or reply. Also, if you know anyone who fits the bill, send them my way. Thanks!
-John

Last edited:
Hi John!

I don't live anywhere near Boston, but I thought I would give this a bump back to the top so that maybe someone who does live in Boston or nearby will see it.

Good luck to you. Sounds like what you do is very interesting.

I would change the title to your post so that people know where you are and that you are wanting to take the photos. That might help you get a better responce
big_smile.png

I can't figure out how to change the title of my post, so I'll just explain here. I currently go to Tufts and as my final advanced photography project for the semester I would like to take portraits of chickens for various reasons. I'll try to use a large format camera (the kind you have a cloth you go under to use) in order to get the maximum amount of detail and have the chicken stand in front of a white backdrop. The idea is to basically make portraits like Richard Avedon's series http://images.google.com/imgres?img...hl=en&safe=off&client=safari&rls=en&sa=N&um=1 except with chickens. I understand that this may be impossible to do, but I would like to give it a shot just to see. Anyone interested in giving me an hour or two with their chickens please email me!
Thanks
[email protected]

Well if you can't find anyone in the Boston area and are willing to travel I live in Bangor ME and have a diversity of chickens and know several other people in the area that do too.

I love to take pictures of my chickens too, well really just snapshots.
I would love to see some of you photos. If you are willing to share by putting them on here we could all see them.
Good luck and I hope this works out well for you.

Oh How Is Wish You Were Near Me. What A Nice Thing To Do For Someone. Be Sure To Let Us Know How It Goes. U Will Have Better Luck Later At Night

Quote:
Go back to your original post and click on EDIT at the bottom. Then you will be able to change your title. Hope you find someone!

I found someone and I took some pictures. Here is the best one,
4091769522_58fc8f3647_m.jpg
anyone else have some chickens?

well if you are ever in NJ, come on over. right now we have

2 gray silkies 1 week old

1 white silkie a month old

4 rhode island reds

20 white leghorns

1 barred rock

1 americana hen

1 americana rooster

4 white pekin ducks